- Learn how racism and bias harm Black mothers and babies.
- Share this campaign with your colleagues.
- Listen, trust and respond urgently to Black mothers’ and families’ concerns.
- Be an advocate for Black mothers and their needs pre-, during and post-childbirth.
- Become an ambassador for birth justice within your institution.
- Welcome doulas and midwives to your institutions, and treat them as partners.
- Take an anti-racist/implicit bias training and incorporate it into your practice; mandate training at all levels.
- Create a system for reporting and addressing incidents of racism and bias within your institution.
- Make data related to maternal health outcomes publicly available.
- Hire and retain birthing providers of color, especially Black providers.
CMQCC Maternal Quality Improvement Toolkits – CMQCC Maternal Quality Improvement Toolkits aim to improve the health care response to leading causes of preventable death among pregnant and postpartum women as well as to reduce harm to infants and women from overuse of obstetric procedures.
My Birth Matters – A website to help pregnant women and birthing people of all backgrounds learn more about their birthing options.
Dignity in Pregnancy and Childbirth Project – An interactive training course and resources for perinatal providers focused on implicit bias and reproductive justice.
Share the Campaign
Use our social media toolkit with sample posts, graphics and hashtags to share the campaign with your networks.